This is a responsibility given to a group of Year 6 pupils who take an active interest in sport and become ambassadors for sport. These children support, plan and organise a range of sporting activities, developing their leadership skills. They particularly enjoy leading a variety of physical activities during lunchtimes and helping to run our school sports day.
Our Sports Crew participate in a three hour central training session led by Active Surrey. This is to develop leadership, resilience, character and confidence.
The purpose of the training is to:
- Understand and adopt the STEP principle
- Recognise the skills and qualities of a good leader
- Understand the need to work as a team when completing group activities
- Adopt practical examples to embrace a growth mind-set
- Reflect on learning through practical application and peer feedback