At West Byfleet Junior School many enrichment opportunities take place beyond the core offer of English in our school. The following take place ensuring that English is a rich area and used effectively across all areas of learning. These many opportunities include:
- Opportunities to read in church, assemblies, open evening; celebration evenings.
- Opportunities for children perform in year 3,4 and 5/6 school productions.
- Author visits with opportunities to buy books
- Story workshops with West End in Schools
- World Book Day
- Summer Reading challenge with prize book tokens and a bookshop visit
- Winter Poetry Competition
- Class reading challenges
- Punctuation shows bringing drama and music into grammar learning!
- Drama workshops from Freshwater theatre company
- Author visit from a local author presenting his book - The Ghost of Brooklands Museum!