At West Byfleet Junior School many enrichment opportunities take place beyond the core offer of English in our school. The following take place ensuring that English is a rich area and used effectively across all areas of learning. These many opportunities include:
- Opportunities to read in church, assemblies, open evening; celebration evenings.
- Opportunities for children perform in year 3,4 and 5/6 school productions.
- Reading Barometer challenge where children can select focus books for the term to read for their year group.
- Reading Passport, where children can select books form their year group genre list to achieve their reading champion award badge.
- Participation in writing competition at Pyrford and Wisley Flower Show for all year groups.
- Participation in Explore Learning Writing challenges.